- Tim H. 1/29/04: When I first contacted PC Rescuer, I was not optimistic. I'd been told repeatedly that it was hopeless, and that I should look for a new computer. As a writer, very attached to my current setup, I was reluctant to jettison the whole thing. Sam immediately revived my optimism. The clarity of his explanations, his receptivity and responsiveness to my own needs, his more-than-reasonable prices, and the timely and quality work all stood out. In the end, he didn't settle for making band-aid repairs to stave off getting a new computer for a couple of months or years; instead, he got my system up-and-running like new, which was better than I'd imagined was possible!
I'm back in business with my writing--just whipped off a poem yesterday and will be embarking on fiction starting later this week. The keyboard's working like the old one, plus the ever-so-useful letter "n." Thanks again.
Task: Laptop hardware repairs and upgrades
- Michael K. 10/11/04: I just wanted to thank you again for your help. Everything is running well.
Task: DVD player repair - Computer performance optimization - Miscellaneous repairs
- Erin M. 10/21/04: THANK YOU so much for helping me out on such short notice, I really appreciate it!
Task: Computer upgrades - Miscellaneous repairs
- Phong N. 3/16/05: I just got the Dock today... It works now!!! I can't believe
it!!! Thank you so much!!! ^-^ best wishes,
Task: Various Laptop and operating system repairs
- Libby G. 4/11/05: Great work, thanks...
Task: Antivirus and spyware (adware) removal - Desktop performance optimization
- Terri F. 5/11/05: Thanks so much for the discount, I appreciate it. Will definitely keep giving out your business details to anyone I know who needs it.
Task: Antivirus and spyware (adware) removal - Laptop hard drive data recovery - Miscellaneous hardware repairs
- Meredith D. 8/27/05: Hi - it was great meeting you and thanks for working magic on my computer it runs beautifully now! I actually recommended you to the family I work for.
Task: Antivirus and spyware (adware) removal - Hard drive optimization - Miscellaneous repairs
- Susan S. 8/28/05: Great service, resolved my problem quickly, will definitely recommend to others.
Task: Antivirus and spyware (adware) removal - Hard drive optimization - Miscellaneous repairs
- John B. 8/29/05: Me again... laptop working fabulously. Thank you...
Task: Recovered hard drive data - Replaced hard drive - Re-installed operating system with proper hardware drivers
- PC Rescuer was featured on Northeastern News - The Inside
- Issue: 9/21/05
BusyBody: A knight in shining
silicon - By: Emily U.
OK, so, story of my life: I get back to
school a couple of weeks ago after a Summer II break only to unpack and discover
my laptop thinks it would be funny to play a little game on me. Oh, but not the
fun kind I play when I'd rather be doing anything but homework. No, this was the
kind I have only come to expect in my life. This game involves my computer
deciding not to turn on and me trying everything I can short of voodoo to bring
it back to life.
In spite of the fact that my mom thinks I should have
majored in computers instead of journalism (because I know how to check e-mail,
minimize windows and print out digital pictures, bless her heart), the only
thing I could think of to fix the problem was to make sure my computer was
plugged into a power outlet. After confirming it was not because my apartment's
electricity that wasn't working, I had quickly exhausted every (and the only)
option in my computer-illiterate brain.
Keep in mind, this computer was
given to me as a present when I graduated from high school more than three years
ago. It's an age considered to be pretty much ancient in computer years. But I
was not ready to give up hope on my usually-trusty machine
Thankfully, since it was move-in weekend on campus, ResNet was still
open. I grabbed my computer hoping that the people who actually do major in
computers could help.
But fixing it at the first place I went would be
far too easy; remember, this is the story of my life. So after joining what
seemed to be the entire freshman class who needed help setting up their
computers that actually did turn on, the ResNet people told me it would be no
dice as far as getting my computer to work. In fact, no one there would be able
to help me and even if someone did look at it they would probably just tell me
it was dead. Wonderful news, really.
After a quick panic attack, I
decided to call my parents, who were just on their way home from dropping me off
and breathing a sigh of relief, as they finally were free from their
overdramatic daughter. But this was cause to be dramatic. I could not enter my
first week of classes without a computer! Frustrated with ResNet not being able
to do something (anything!), I headed to Best Buy, where the ResNetters
suggested I go for help.
I bet you can guess what happened - same deal,
different place. They told me I could send my computer away for a couple of
weeks, put some money down and probably get it back having to pay just as much
to fix it as a new computer would cost. I think I left Best Buy faster than I
had left ResNet.
Rewind back to sophomore year when the same computer
would start, but wouldn't go much further than the opening screen. ResNet
couldn't fix it, so I decided I needed help pronto and Googled computer fix-it
sites in and around Boston.
I came across PC Rescuer, which advertised
free pickup and delivery and was open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I was
ecstatic and called right away. Head of PC Rescuer and engineer B. B.
came within hours of my call, took my computer overnight and returned it the
next day not only in one piece, but up and working better than it had
So back to a couple of weeks ago when I was thinking I would just
take that two grand that I had chilling in my back pocket and buy a new laptop,
I remembered this amazing computer guy. I called him (he actually remembered who
I was from his last visit!) and told him to come by my on-campus apartment later
Within five minutes of his arrival, he once again worked his
magic and to my astonishment had it running like new again. There were no words
for my relief (well there were, but I can't put them here).
my computer and cleaning out all the junk that had accumulated in it over the
past year, my roommate told B. B. about her computer's problems, and guess
what? He was more than happy to fix hers too. We had a complete computer repair
party going on. And not only does he offer great student rates, but computers
will be picked up and dropped off at one's house or apartment completely free of
charge - with free estimates.
A full-time engineer and UMass-Lowell
grad, B. B. knows his stuff. He told me he has a 99 percent success rate when
it comes to fixing computers. When I asked about computers that are just dead,
he insisted he can always bring them back to life, and I don't doubt
As for me, I think I'll stick with journalism. Sorry Mom.
- Jeremy H. 9/22/05: This is phenomenal news! I will tell my wife tonight when we talk!
Task: Repaired a dead Laptop that would not even power up.
- Fr. Pat 7/29/06: I am not sure whether or not I already thanked you. Just in case here goes again. The computer is just spectacular and I am having a great time with it.
I do realize it was pretty much a gift from you and I really do appreciate that.
Task: Sold a brand new Laptop way less than market price
- Emily U. 11/20/06: Thank you again for your help as always.. I dont know how you do it but you always do!
Task: Recovered hard drive data - Repaired Laptop Hard Drive
- Kareem T. 11/22/06 It looks so good I can't believe it. Have a great
Task: Replaced Laptop screen
- Erin M. 12/13/06: Woo Hoo! The wireless worked perfectly!!! The meeting was a success :)
Task: Setup wireless broadband internet connection
- Liz F. 1/14/07: Hello, you were kind enough to repair my daughter's fractured UK laptop srcreen in late December. Somehow I knew I would be contacting you again. Here is my problem...
Task: Replaced broken Laptop screen
- Jayne K. 1/23/07: Thanks for always coming to my rescue. Youíve provided amazing PC support from the basics to the more challenging things like getting rid of some nasty viruses. I consider myself technically challenged when it comes to understanding how PCs operate; and you can always explain things to me with easy, user-friendly language. Youíve also provided me with some great tips on maintaining my PC. And one of the things I value the most is that I can trust that work you do on my PC is work thatís needed; there are no padded charges and your rates are reasonable. I will continue to refer you to my friends and colleagues.
Task: Computer technical support: virus removal, computer setup, e-mail setup, wireless setup, etc.
- Mike P. 7/31/07: I would like to thank you for the repairs you made to my wife's Compaq
Presario laptop during our recent visit to Boston.
Your punctuality and speed in affecting the repair (keyboard
replacement) was excellent. Not only did you ensure that the proper part
was on hand by ordering both types of keyboard for that model, but your
promptness and concern for our holiday time made the event a "no
Your courteous manner and excellent service leaves nothing to be
desired. I only wish all transactions would go as smoothly and
pleasantly as this one did.
Please accept our sincere thanks for a job well done.
Task: Replaced broken laptop keyboard on-site
- Alisa B. 11/9/08: I need your services again. I need your repair magic! My sony laptop needs help. It runs for a bit than shuts down. HELP!!!
Task: Miscellaneous Computer Repairs: A repeat customer
- Sal S. 1/5/09: WOW!!! I would never think that you can fix the windows operating system that way. I replaced two hard drives and still could not have windows boot. You are amazing! Thanks for the help.
Task: Operating system boot problem: Fixed.
- Alisa B. 1/13/09: "cool! groovy! you're the Best PC Rescuer ever!!!!"
Task: Computer Technical Assistance: Provided computer equipment purchase solution.
- Jon C. 2/18/09: Thanks for your quick and excellent service.
Task: Laptop broken hinge repair: Fixed.
- Steve W. 3/4/09: Wow, didn't need a whole new screen? That would be great. I'm really pleased with the work you did on my laptop. It was a good alternative to scrapping it.
Task: Replaced screen backlight and repaired XP SP2 installation.
- Ron H. 2/25/10: Hi - I want to thank you for all your help yesterday, and your more than fair treatment of me.
Task: Virus removal and Vista operating system repair.